Започване на нова тема
Редактори:account-bg.info
Автор Отговор
ruogu1234
пн яну 20 2020, 08:03 Цитирай
Регистриран потребител #8759
Регистриран: чт дек 05 2019, 09:25
съобщения: 587
BOSTON -- The big hits just seem to keep on coming for the streaking Boston Red Sox. Jarrod Saltalamacchia hit a tiebreaking grand slam in the seventh inning, Koji Uehara closed with another perfect inning and the Red Sox beat the New York Yankees 8-4 Friday night. Returning to Fenway Park after winning five of seven games on the road against the Yankees and Tampa Bay -- both now lagging far back in the AL East -- Boston rebounded after blowing an early 4-0 lead. Its been a complete turnaround from last years dismal 69-win team. Boston leads the second-place Rays by 8 1/2 games. "Thats what is making this season fun," Red Sox slugger David Ortiz said. "Youre not talking about a team that depends on one guy. I know that everybody has to be careful with myself, but there are plenty of guys." Ortiz and Stephen Drew each doubled twice as the Red Sox won for the 15th time in 19 games. Saltalamacchia also doubled and scored twice. Shane Victorino opened the seventh with a single off Hiroki Kuroda. Reliever Cesar Cabral hit Ortiz with a pinch and Preston Claiborne walked pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes. After Daniel Nava struck out, Saltalamacchia hit his third career slam, connecting off Claiborne for a drive over Bostons bullpen into the right-field seats. Saltalamacchia. who missed about a week with a sore back, simply was just looking for a pitch he could lift to get the go-ahead run home. "I was just trying to get a good pitch to hit with a runner on third," he said. "Vic, at third, a fast guy, I knew if Id get into the air, hell be able to score. I saw how he worked Nava before me." Boston manager John Farrell can see the difference in Saltalamaccia after some time off. "His backs better," he said. "It shows in his swing." Uehara breezed through the ninth. Hes retired 37 straight batters, the longest streak by a reliever since Bobby Jenks of the White Sox set down 41 in a row in 2007. Robinson Cano went 4 for 4 with three doubles and two RBIs for New York, which fell to two games behind Tampa Bay for the final AL wild-card spot after the Rays beat Minnesota 3-0. "Its unfortunate," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "We gave them some free baserunners and then you get the big hit by Saltalamacchia, but I love the way our guys battled back. Never thought Kuroda would be there in the seventh the way everything started for him." Brendan Ryan, acquired from Seattle on Tuesday for a player to be named, hit his first homer with the Yankees. New York had won three in a row. Last weekend, Boston took three of four games at Yankee Stadium. "Theyve got a very good team over there," Yankees star Alex Rodriguez said. "Theyre a handful right now." Brandon Workman (6-3) got the win, retiring one batter. The Red Sox scored four times in the first off Kuroda (11-11), but the Yankees came back to tie it. Trailing 4-2 in the seventh, the Yankees chased Boston starter John Lackey and tied it Canos bases-loaded, two-run double off reliever Craig Breslow. New York had runners on second and third, but Workman got Alfonso Soriano on a bouncer to third. The Red Sox took a quick 4-0 lead. Dustin Pedroia singled, Ortiz doubled and Mike Carp had an RBI grounder. Nava singled home a run and Drew hit a two-run double off the Green Monster, just inside the foul line. With pitchers warming in the bullpen behind him, Kuroda looked as if he was on the verge of being pulled when Boston threatened in the second and third. The 38-year-old right-hander responded by escaping a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the second and held the Red Sox scoreless after a leadoff double the next inning. Kuroda allowed five runs, eight hits, walked two and fanned two in six-plus innings. Hes 0-4 with a 6.69 ERA in his last six starts. Lackey gave up four runs on seven hits in 6 1-3 innings. Ryan homered into the first row of seats above the Monster, cutting it to 4-1 in the third. Lyle Overbays sacrifice fly made it 4-2 in the sixth. NOTES: There was a brief delay in the seventh when third-base umpire Alfonso Marquez walked down the left-field line and had security eject a fan for throwing something on the field. ... Farrell said CF Jacoby Ellsbury, who missed his seventh straight game with a fractured bone in his right foot, started some non-baseball activities. "Hell come out of the boot and into the pool," Farrell said. The club hopes Ellsbury will be back late in the regular season, but Farrell said "still no date of return." ... Farrell also said RHP Jake Peavy was fine after getting grazed on the right leg by a line drive in Thursdays loss at Tampa Bay. ... Girardi said C Austin Romine "took some swings and felt better." He sustained a concussion on Tuesday. ... CC Sabathia (13-12, 4.82 ERA) is slated to face Bostons Jon Lester (13-8, 3.86 ERA) on Saturday. ... The Red Sox opened their final homestand of the season. They also face Baltimore and Toronto for three games apiece. ... New York 2B Cano made a nice over-the-shoulder grab on Will Middlebrooks pop to short right. ... Rodriguez said his sore hamstring is getting better and he might be ready to play third again on Tuesday. Dexter Williams Super Bowl Jersey .A. Happ. The Toronto Blue Jays will be looking to improve the starting rotation ahead of next season and pitchers like Happ have a chance to show they belong as the disastrous 2013 campaign draws to a close. Dean Lowry Super Bowl Jersey . There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Kenny-Clark-Packers-Jersey/ . Chris Heisey connected for his first grand slam and Devin Mesoraco homered and drove in a career high-tying four runs as Cincinnati took advantage of Tampa Bays depleted pitching staff for a 12-4 victory on Sunday. JK Scott Super Bowl Jersey . "Its not done, but its a huge step," Hannover general manager Dirk Dufner said. Poor defending allowed the visitors to score in the second minute, when Leon Andreasens header from Christian Panders cross sent the ball inside the far post. Darnell Savage Jr. Super Bowl Jersey . Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros.Paul Lambert has revealed frustration with the Blackburn owners led to his decision to leave Ewood Park. The Scot revealed he was activating a release clause in his contract and has decided to step down as Rovers boss after the final game of the season on May 7.The former Aston Villa manager expressed concerns about the clubs summer transfer plans in the days leading up to his announcement and has admitted he and the club wanted to go in different directions. Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, he said: Im probably frustrated more than anything. Ive got no animosity or any criticism of the owners, players, staff or fans. Blackburn are 18th in the Championship table heading into their final two games Im disappointed Im leaving because I thought we could really give it a go in the summer, but obviously were going in different directions and Ill go see what else is out there.It needs a little bit of help on the financial side, I think everyone knows that.Blackburn are 18th in the Sky Bet Championship table with their position in the league guaranteed for another season. Im disappointed Im leaving because I thought we could really give it a go in the summer, but obviously were going in different directions and Ill go see what else is out there. Paul Lambert Lambert was hoping for clarification on his spending budget for the coming summer transfer window, but has denied claims it was the principle factor in his decision.We never really got round to that [discussing transfer funds], so I cant really say that was it, he said. Everybodys been really nice since I came here.I just felt there was a different direction that I wanted to go and drive the club really hard and fast and try and get out of the league. Theres only two scenarios in the Championship, either get promotion or go into the play-off. Highlights of Blackburns 2-2 draw with Bristol City last weekend Anything else outside that and you are just much the same as everyone else.dddddddddddd I thought Blackburn Rovers had the potential to go and challenge into that top six in the summer.We had discussions a few weeks ago, but we thought if it wasnt really going to go in the way we thought it could go, I think everyone was in agreement it was better to activate the clause and everybody was happy with it. Ive got no ill feeling towards anyone here.Lamberts impending departure has led to speculation over his future with former club Celtic touted as a possible option after he enjoyed eight successful years there as a player. Paul Lambert enjoyed eight successful years at Celtic. Celtic announced that manager Ronny Deila was leaving at the end of the season, but Lambert, who won the Champions League with Dortmund, would not be drawn on talk of a return to the Scottish champions.Im not in a position to say Ill go for the Celtic job, Im not that type of person. Im not in a position to do anything, but win the next two games for Blackburn, he added. Also See: Blackburn video Blackburn fixtures Blackburn 2-2 Bristol City Get £10 free bet! ' ' '
Най-отгоре

Бърз отговор:

Започване на нова тема

Иди:     Най-отгоре

Публикувайте тази тема: rss 0.92 Публикувайте тази тема: rss 2.0 Публикувайте тази тема: RDF