Започване на нова тема
Редактори:account-bg.info
Автор Отговор
ruogu1234
сб яну 18 2020, 06:43 Цитирай
Регистриран потребител #8759
Регистриран: чт дек 05 2019, 09:25
съобщения: 587
TORONTO -- Canadian international Dwayne De Rosario is happy to be back home, saying he has unfinished business with Toronto FC. "This is my city," the Toronto native said upon his arrival Wednesday night. And the 35-year-old former league MVP says he is hoping to making 2014 a memorable year. "Im really looking forward to it," De Rosario told The Canadian Press. "I like the vision that (MLSE president) Tim Leiweke has. Its along the same lines and goals that I had when I came here the first time round." "For me when I left, it felt like there was some unfinished business that I still need to take care of," he added. Toronto FC scheduled a news conference for Thursday afternoon at BMO Field to herald his return. De Rosario currently ranks sixth on the all-time MLS scoring list with 103 goals. Twenty-seven of those came in a Toronto jersey from 2009 to 2011. He was traded to New York just two games into the 2011 season after a public contract dispute that included De Rosario celebrating a goal at home by pretending to sign a cheque. Toronto selected De Rosario in Stage 2 of the MLS re-entry draft last month after D.C. United opted not to pick up his option at the end of the season. Had De Rosario not agreed to Torontos contract offer, TFC would have held the right of first refusal for the attacking midfielder in MLS. De Rosario made US$654,300 in 2013 but will undoubtedly earn less in Toronto, which will be looking for the Canadian international to mentor younger players while offering support to a new-look marquee attack. He will be joining a club that is making bold moves. England striker Jermain Defoe is set to be unveiled next Monday, according to a source, and multiple reports have the club making a move for U.S. international midfielder Michael Bradley. Brazilian striker Gilberto signed on last month. De Rosario said the influx of talent is good but it will be up to the senior players "to make sure everyone is on the same page. "Because the sooner we gel, I think the better off it is for everybody." De Rosario wants to play a role on and off the pitch, stressing his passion remains playing. "Theres stuff I want to accomplish individually and collectively as a team," he said. The main goal is success for the team. De Rosario, a 13-year MLS veteran, has played 324 regular-season and 24 playoff games in MLS. He started his career with San Jose and Houston, winning four league titles. A finalist for MVP in 2005 and 2006, he has been chosen to the leagues Best XI six times. De Rosario has also captured MLS Goal of the Year honours twice, in 2004 and 2005. He hoisted the MLS Cup in 2001 and 2003 with San Jose and 2006 and 2007 with Houston, earning MLS Cup MVP honours in 2001 and 2007. DeRo finished 2011 with D.C. United, winning the Golden Boot as the leagues top scorer and MVP honours. De Rosario, who said he had other options in terms of clubs last month, hopes to reclaim his No. 14 jersey in Toronto. "This is 2014, so it kind of goes together hand in hand," he said with a laugh. Vapormax Flyknit Scontate . The 55th-ranked Istomin saved 11 of 14 break points to win in just over two hours, setting up a second round meeting with Australian Marinko Matosevic. It was the Uzbeks third win in three matches against fifth-seeded Kohlschreiber, the 2007 and 2012 tournament winner. Vapormax 2019 Uomo . -- Get a flow chart ready to follow the Packers quarterback situation. http://www.scarpevapormaxscontate.it/vapormax-plus-italia.html . -- The anointed starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders is strengthening his hold on the position this training camp instead of losing it. Vapormax Off White Nere . They kicked off the still-going trend of host cities winning the Grey Cup and sent Hall of Fame head coach Wally Buono to the front office a champion. Vapormax 97 Uomo . The league-leading New York Rangers outhit and outmuscled the Maple Leafs during a 3-0 victory on Saturday. Backup goalie Martin Biron stopped all 20 shots he faced to complete a nice workmanlike effort by the visitors.The countdown to the Mar. 5 Trade Deadline continues. As NHL teams decide on whether to buy or sell, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Busy In The Capital Senators general manager Bryan Murray told Wayne Scanlan of The Ottawa Citizen that hes fielded some calls this week from other GMs on trade deadline possibilities, including nephew and new Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray. "Im like every other manager, just trying to see whats right," Murray told the paper. "Theres a few players everybodys looking to do something with and the price is real high to do that. I guess it will play out." Murray added that a GM told him he has a couple of players he wants to deal, but doesnt expect to do so until the better free agents are dealt first. Scanlan also writes that Murray would like to acquire a veteran forward with term remaining on his contract. "Thats more of what Im looking at, really," he told him. "If I can make the right deal to get a guy thats played in the league, that has a little term in his contract, then we would get a chance to get to know him and hed get a chance to get to know us, and maybe then keep him around, thats the ideal thing for me." Talking The Talks In a dressing room scrum in Brossard on Tuesday, Montreal Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov was asked by Jimmy Murphy of Sirius/XM NHL Network Radio about Tony Marinaros rreport on TSN Radio 690 that the team offered him a one-year, $6 million contract.dddddddddddd "Who said that?" he replied. "I dont know. Were people there at the meetings? I have nothing to say right now. "Whatever you (media) guys are fishing for, I dont know. Its up to you guys." After the scrum, Markov told Dave Stubbs of The Montreal Gazette that contract talks, "are still in progress." "Well see what happens," he told The Gazette regarding the discussions. "There are eight days left (until the March 5 trade deadline). It can happen at any time." Jets In Holding Pattern? Ken Wiebe of The Winnipeg Sun writes that the Jets still have have to decide what they will do at the trade deadline - buy, sell or stand pat. If they become sellers, Wiebe suggests that soon-to-be free agents like Al Montoya, Olli Jokinen, Devin Setoguchi and Mark Stuart could be shopped. Even Steven As per Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune, Lightning forward Steven Stamkos isnt buying into the trade speculation involving Martin St. Louis. "They are rumors, but I dont really know where that stuff comes from," he told the newspaper. Quiet In The Desert Phoenix Coyotes general manager Don Maloney told The Arizona Republics Sarah McLellan that any trade the team makes will have to be dollar-for-dollar because the team is up against its own budget. Maloney added that theres nothing imminent on the trade front. ' ' '
Най-отгоре

Бърз отговор:

Започване на нова тема

Иди:     Най-отгоре

Публикувайте тази тема: rss 0.92 Публикувайте тази тема: rss 2.0 Публикувайте тази тема: RDF