Започване на нова тема
Редактори:account-bg.info
Автор Отговор
ruogu1234
чт яну 16 2020, 08:18 Цитирай
Регистриран потребител #8759
Регистриран: чт дек 05 2019, 09:25
съобщения: 587
Berkeley, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - The California Golden Bears will have a tough time trying to end a five-game losing streak Saturday as they play host to the seventh-ranked Arizona Wildcats in a Pac-12 Conference contest at Haas Pavilion. California sank to a fifth straight loss Thursday night when the team was torched by Arizona State, 79-44, at home. The Golden Bears are just 8-5 in Berkeley this season, and are 1-5 in Pac-12 play. Arizona, on the other hand, has won three straight decisions and five of the teams last six overall. The Wildcats outlasted Stanford on Thursday night on the road, 89-82, to pick up their 17th win of the season. Arizona is currently 5-1 against conference opponents. The Wildcats have a pretty big leg up in the all-time series over California. Arizona leads the Golden Bears, 56-30, though the two teams split the season series in 2013-14. It was California that ended Arizonas perfect season a year ago. Both Arizona and Stanford were hot shooting the ball on Thursday night in Palo Alto. The Wildcats connected on a healthy 55.6 percent of their shots from the floor as they overcame a 41-39 halftime deficit to defeat the Cardinal. Stanley Johnson netted 19 points and grabbed seven rebounds to pace the Wildcats in the win, while Brandon Ashley chipped in with 17 points. Gabe York scored 13, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson added 12 and T.J. McConnell posted 10 points with five assists in the teams victory. Johnson, a freshman, has been stellar in his first season with the Wildcats. The 6-foot-7 forward leads the team in scoring at 14.8 ppg, adding in a team- best 6.8 rpg mark and 32 assists to his resume. Ashley chimes in with 11.5 ppg this season, and Hollis-Jefferson rounds out a trio of double-digit scorers for the Wildcats at 10.9 ppg. McConnells 111 assists is by far the most on Arizonas roster, and his 5.8 apg ranks third in the Pac-12 Conference. Arizonas scoring offense ranks second in the conference at 75.1 ppg, while a 60.0 ppg allowed mark makes the Wildcats extremely dangerous on the defensive end as well. Arizona is second in the league with a +15.1 scoring margin this season. Jabari Bird returned to the starting lineup Thursday night for California, although it didnt do the Golden Bears any good. Bird didnt record a single point, and went 0-of-4 from the floor in the teams dismal effort against Arizona State. Jordan Mathews recorded 11 points with five rebounds, and served as the only Cal player in double figures in the contest. David Kravish chipped in with eight points, and Tyrone Wallace added seven points and a team-high seven rebounds in the defeat. The Bears shot just 33.3 percent from the floor, and hit only 2-of-11 from 3-point range against the Sun Devils. Wallace has shown greatness from time to time this season, but he hasnt been able to carry his team through this very rough patch in the schedule. The guard leads the Golden Bears still in all three major statistical categories, owning a 17.4 ppg mark, with 8.2 rpg and 3.8 apg. Mathews follows Wallace up in scoring, adding in 14.9 ppg, while Kravish checks in at 10.6 ppg with 6.8 boards per outing. California has really faltered on the offensive end of the floor lately, as the team averages just 65.7 ppg this season, which is second to last in the Pac-12. The Bears have been able to get by on a solid defensive effort that limits opponents to 63.8 ppg. Marcell Ozuna . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Jack Flaherty . Better still, its in the same team and there are 13 races left for it to develop. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/custom-steve-carlton-jersey-large-581q.html . A spokeswoman for the NLRB says its "a very incremental move" and does not necessarily indicate the board is close to a finding in the case. NFL owners filed an unfair labour charge against the players union in February, arguing that the union was not negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement in good faith. Red Schoendienst . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 25 points and 16 rebounds to help the Sacramento Kings snap a seven-game losing streak by defeating the Chicago Bulls 99-70 on Monday night. Joe Hudson . The Mets made the announcement Sunday night. Parnell blew a save on opening day against Washington and the next day it was revealed he had partially torn right elbow ligament.BEIJING -- Four-time world champion and six-time national champion Randy Ferbey was inducted into the World Curling Hall of Fame on Tuesday. Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China. "We are delighted to announce that Randy Ferbey, Patrick Huerlimann and Eigil Ramsfjell are being inducted into the World Curling Hall of Fame," said World Curling Federation president Kate Caithness. "All of these athletes have been ambassadors of our game, both on and off the ice. "Their dedication to our sport has inspired generations of curlers the world over and this honour recognizes their achievements." Ferbey won world titles in 1989, 2002, 2003, 2005 and was a silver medallist in 1988. He won national titles in each of those years and in 2001. Ferbey, 54, will be honoured at next years world championship in Halifax. "This came out of nowhere for me -- Im blown away to be honest," said Ferbey. "Im really appreciative to the Canadian Curling Association for their support, as well as to the World Curling Federation. I never played the game to earn accolades like this. "I always considered it a team game and I really want to share this with all the great teammates I had over the years. I could not have done it without them." Huerlimann won Olympic gold at the 1998 Nagano Games. He won world silver in 1989 and bronze in 1996 and 1999. He also guided Switzerland to a silver medal at the 2003 world playdowns. Huerlimann was a WCF executive board member for seven years and served as vice-president from 2010 through 2012. "This great news came out of the blue," he said. "I am delighted to be inducted into the Hall of Fame and very thankful to the World Curling Federation. For the past 40 years, curling has been a major part of my life on and off the ice. "Curling means so much to me and I am truly honoured with this nomination and to be part of the great ones of ouur much loved game.dddddddddddd." Ramsfjell, from Norway, played in 15 world championships and won gold in 1979, 1984 and 1988. He took silver in 1978 and 1980 and won bronze on four occasions (1983, 1987, 1989 and 1991). Ramsfjell won the gold medal when curling was a demonstration sport at the 1988 Calgary Olympics and earned bronze at the Nagano Games 10 years later. "My curling career has given me many highlights and I have been grateful for every one of those experiences," he said. "However, this recognition is truly outstanding. I am deeply honoured to be joining some of the greats of previous generations and must thank the Norwegian Curling Association for nominating me and the World Curling Federation for inducting me into the Hall of Fame." Ferbey won his first two national titles as a third for Pat Ryans team. His next four Brier wins came as skip of the "Ferbey Four" rink, which included Dave Nedohin, Scott Pfeifer and Marcel Rocque. Ferbey, who threw third rocks for that team, shares the record for most Brier wins as a skip (four) with Ernie Richardson and Kevin Martin. "Randys achievements on the ice over the years speak for themselves," said CCA chief executive officer Greg Stremlaw. "Equally important, Randy was always accessible to our great curling fans, and made a lot of friends for the sport with his outgoing nature. "The Canadian Curling Association is thrilled to see him recognized with induction into the World Curling Hall of Fame." Last year, Canadas Ron Northcott and Don Duguid were the inductees. Prior to 2012, the WCF awarded the World Curling Freytag Award. It was named after the late Elmer Freytag of the U.S. Curling Association, who was a founding member of the International Curling Federation (now the WCF). Previous Freytag honourees from Canada include Ray Kingsmith (2011), Sandra Schmirler (2009), Shirley Morash (2001), Richardson (2000), Colin Campbell (1990), Bob Picken (1987), Don McLeod (1985), Mabel Deware (1983), Doug Maxwell (1981) and Ken Watson (1978). ' ' '
Най-отгоре

Бърз отговор:

Започване на нова тема

Иди:     Най-отгоре

Публикувайте тази тема: rss 0.92 Публикувайте тази тема: rss 2.0 Публикувайте тази тема: RDF